"A celibate is a member of a union opposed to the union of
42 THINGS DONE IN A FLAT COUNTRY
- or -
SUMMARY OF THE JOURNEY
by Leif Einar Claus
* Writing this real-time article!
* Eating airplane food, twice!
* The feeling of foreign soil beneath your feet!
* Meeting Miranda!
* Experiencing her cooking skills!
* Eating bread with butter and pure chocolate (we wonder what the
Dutch statistics on heart diseases look like)!
* Sitting on flaunt-before-you-flush toilets!
* Staying at Richard's place (Awe)!
* Laughing at Richard's sourcecode!
* Going swimming with Richard!
* Being drowned 42 times!
* Buying tax-free goodies!
* Being totally and utterly broke!
* Being body-searched (Leif only)!
* Constantly having cold feet!
* Telling Richard about how much BIIIGGER and BEEETTER everything
is in Norway (inside joke)!
* Dodging low flying rockets on New Year's Eve!
* Having your ear-wax blown out the very same evening!
* Meeting most of the Quartermass Experiment!
* Filming and being filmed!
* Listening to quality music (well, most of it anyway)!
* Recording lots of even better music!
* 10 hours of continuous video-film watching!
* Being watched by machine-gun wielding security personell (at
the airport, if you were wondering - Not at the video-orgy,
though it would not have been a bad idea!)!
* Constantly having a view of near perfect flatness (in Norway
the mountains are MUUUCH BIGGER! Well, at least mountains exist
* Visiting the Hardrock Café in Amsterdam! (Oh Yeah!)
* Making Miranda airsick (at the top of the Dom)!
* Being welcomed by a most brilliant poster! (Currently hanging
on the wall of Kai's Computer room!)
* Christmas Eve on the 28th of December!
* Freezing one's balls off while walking in the streets of
* Looking at beautiful girls (Drool! But of course, in Norway the
girls are MUUUCH prettier)!
* Dutch showers (say no more)!
* Being served a free drink in a bar (unthinkable in Norway)!
* Drinking huge quantities of Plantiac!!!
* Writing masses of postcards!
* Actually feeling a bit homesick!
* Giving Richard a unique musical experience!
* Total lack of inspiration!
* NOT being drunk out of your mind on New Year's Eve
* Painfully reminding them about the Dutch national soccer team's
humiliating defeat to a the Norwegian soccer team when they
* Generally having a great time! YEAH!!!
The text of the articles is identical to the originals like they appeared in old ST NEWS issues. Please take into consideration that the author(s) was (were) a lot younger and less responsible back then. So bad jokes, bad English, youthful arrogance, insults, bravura, over-crediting and tastelessness should be taken with at least a grain of salt. Any contact and/or payment information, as well as deadlines/release dates of any kind should be regarded as outdated. Due to the fact that these pages are not actually contained in an Atari executable here, references to scroll texts, featured demo screens and hidden articles may also be irrelevant.